Thursday, February 23, 2012

VAT refund in Thailand

As a tourist I can get a VAT refund at the airport before checking in if I show the PP10 form filled the day of my purchase at the authorized shop. Does that work for plant shops ? If, as a tourist I buy in Thailand plants from abroad in a postal parcel and pay the VAT, will I get it refunded at the airport if I show the tax receipt from the customs ?

The answer is no to both questions : the goods must be purchased at shops in Thailand that are in the VAT refund scheme for tourists, hence can provide the PP10 form. Usually plant shops don't pay directly the VAT to the tax department, hence they can't be in the scheme. Here is a phone number at the Customs of Pukhet for quick answers to common inquiries : 076 211 105-4


Hoya and other plant collections are for sale on aleyagarden.com Plant care is available in various posts of this blog. Contact : aleyagarden@hotmail.com

Find all Aleyagarden posts on http://aleyagarden-blog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment